1189: The Importance of Progressive Overload for Muscle Growth, Overcoming Gym Addiction, Helping Older People Get Back In Shape & MORE
In this episode of Quah (Q & A), Sal, Adam & Justin answer Pump Head questions about whether progressive overload is important for hypertrophy, different methods to progress and increase squat range of motion, going to the gym when hurt, routines and techniques to get a 65-year-old back into shape.
- The attractive quality of self-awareness. (4:14)
- Sal is NOT pleased with his complex. (19:26)
- The benefits of hemp oil and the antidotes it has helped treat. (24:49)
- Protein, the magic macronutrient. (29:58)
- How Vuori is superior to the other athleisure brands. (34:04)
- Do mothers and babies' brainwaves synchronize when the mother is happy? (36:20)
- Why is Justin borrowing cash from his son?! (40:17)
- Mind Pump appreciates clever branding and marketing. (42:36)
- Mind Pump’s take on how Kumail Nanjiani got jacked for his latest role. (46:04)
- Mind Pump recommends The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Prime Video. (50:43)
- #Quah question #1 – Is progressive overload as important for hypertrophy? Or is stressing the muscle as hard as you can each workout sufficient? (53:13)
- #Quah question #2 – They say if you are tall you are at a natural disadvantage for squats. Can you discuss different methods to progress and increase range of motion? Will I hit a point where I can’t advance any further doing high bar back squats? (1:04:55)
- #Quah question #3 – I’m addicted to the gym and going 6 times per week, even when I’m hurt. Is this good or bad? (1:16:05)
- #Quah question #4 – I want to help my 65-year-old father get back into shape. He has arthritic knees and pain in his lower back, which I believe is due to weight gain. What are some routines or techniques you would suggest to get started? (1:21:51)
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- December Promotion: MAPS Aesthetic ½ off! **Code “BLACK50” at checkout**
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work - Book by John M. Gottman and Nan Silver
- Visit NED for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners!
- Visit Vuori Clothing for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners!
- Mothers and babies brains ‘more in tune’ when mother is happy
- Breweries Call Out PG&E with Blackout-Themed Beers
- Kumail Nanjiani reveals how he got ridiculously fit for Marvel's 'Eternals'
- Watch The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - Season 1 | Prime Video
- MAPS Fitness Anabolic
- MAPS Fitness Prime Pro
- How To Improve Your Squat Depth - FREE Squat Like A Pro Guide
- Mind Pump Free Resources