12: Pop Quiz on Newport Beach History (v4)
In our fourth, multi-choice pop quiz on Newport Beach history, find out:
- Why you would find horses on the beach at between the the late 19th Century and the 1930s.
- What was the castle on Collins Island converted to in the 1940s.
- Who were the previous tenants of the Mariners Mile building (a classic in Southern California modern architecture) now occupied by the upscale A'marees boutique.
- What were three things that Newport Beach could "crow" about, according to a Los Angeles Times article in 1883.
- Why a Newport Beach man generated international headlines in 1940.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store