#12 - Lars Wilde: Scaling The Model For Psilocybin-Assisted Psychotherapy
Lars Wilde is the President, Chief Business Officer, and Co-founder of COMPASS Pathways.
COMPASS is a UK life sciences company that works to expedite the approval and delivery of mental health therapies to patients and focuses primarily on testing psilocybin for use in patients with treatment-resistant depression (TRD). They have 22 trials running through the US and Europe for TRD.
In this episode:
- Personal journey and battles with anxiety, and seeking psychiatric help
- The subjective experience of psilocybin and impact of emotional processing and cognitive function
- Birth of COMPASS
- The current landscape of the research
- Models for therapies and how they can scale
- Research questions that need to be addressed
- COMPASS decision to patent psilocybin (and what this means for its scientific exploration)
- Rescheduling psilocybin
Support the podcast:
Support the mission:
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/mind-medicine-australia.