12. People Maximizer - Kristin Sherry
Kristin A. Sherry is a globally recognized career expert, winner of the 2020 Career Innovator Award by Career Directors International, and creator of the YouMap career profile, which uncovers the Four Pillars of Career Fit in teens and adults, and TalentStory, a process of self-discovery for elementary-aged children. She is an international speaker and nine-time author, and Your Team Loves Mondays… Right?, selected as a Top Business Book Read by Training Magazine.
● Maximizing People [2:56 ]
● Understanding your own “Big Why” [7:53 ]
● Life is about serving others. [14:30 ]
● Do the work - understand your values and go from there [17:30 ]
● Default Principles: Purpose / Belief / Persistence / Desire or Passion / Intentional Action [22:36 ]
● YouMap 4 Pillars [25:15 ]
HOW you work
WHY you do it
WHAT you work on
WHO you are
Productivity Habits [37:47 ]
Avoid fires and interruptions
Develop, manage and respect boundaries
● Advice for potential entrepreneurs: [45:35 ]
Know your Values
Get comfortable with a little risk
● Looking to make a BIG CHANGE? Create a list (or a few) [47:18 ]
What is your ideal day? What makes you happy
What MUST you have / what are your deal breakers
What MUST you AVOID
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Books by Kristin Sherry, including YouMap, Maximize 365, Your Team Loves Mondays, Right?, and You’ve Got Gifts!
Please Understand Me: Character and Temperament Types by Kiersey and Bates
Discover YOU with YouMap
Win a FREE BOOK:
Kristin is generously giving one of her books to a lucky Intentional Optimists listener!
Will it be you?
Be the FIRST person to...
1. Snap a screenshot of this episode (Episode #12),
2. Tell us your biggest takeaway, and
3. Tag us, using #theintentionaloptimist
And we'll be in touch!
Gab your FREE “Ultimate DISC communication Cheat Sheet”
Get your own DISC Assessment, and don't forget the 10% discount (code "PODCAST") at check out!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can be your professional encourager!
● Join the Intentional Optimists Facebook Group
● Follow on Instagram @theintentionaloptimist
● Linked In Andrea Johnson