120. Mindset: the #1 thing to Learn for Yourself and Teach Your Kids, With Guest Michael Hyatt
In this episode, we chat with the one and only Michael Hyatt, the founder and chairman of Full Focus. You may know him from one of his many life changing books or coaching programs! Today we talk about his new book, Mind Your Mindset, and how it can help parents like us take control of our thinking to achieve success in all areas of life, family and business.
As parents, we are often juggling so many things, from work and household duties to our children's needs and activities. It can be overwhelming and stressful, and sometimes it feels like we're not making any progress towards our goals. Michael Hyatt believes that by taking control of our thinking and mindset, we can achieve bigger, better, and extraordinary results.
Michael talks about the concept of the narrator, the voice inside our heads that interprets the facts of our existence. He explains how we can learn to distinguish between the facts and the stories we build based on them. He also shares how our thoughts inspire our actions, and our actions determine our results. By tinkering with our thinking, we can create a positive and productive mindset that will help us achieve our goals as parents.
We also talk about how our lives are made up of the stories we choose to believe. As parents, we often tell ourselves negative stories about our parenting abilities, our children's behavior, or our work-life balance. Michael encourages us to reframe these stories and choose to believe positive and empowering ones instead.
As parents, we know how important it is to set a good example for our children. By taking control of our thinking and mindset, we can teach our children the value of a positive attitude and a growth mindset. We can show them that anything is possible if we believe in ourselves and work towards our goals.
Be sure to listen to the end to hear some of Michael’s incredible tips and insights on parenting, staying connected as a family, how to love your kids as they leave the house and so much more. His advice is something all parents and entrepreneurs can learn from!
We hope you enjoy this episode as much as we did. Michael's insights and advice on taking control of our thinking are truly inspiring and applicable to all aspects of our lives as parents. Don't forget to check out his new book, Mind Your Mindset, for even more tips and strategies on achieving success.
Links For This Episode:
Get The Book: https://mindyourmindsetbook.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCGu-7odB6gkPbyXpUIQLkrg
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
What Culture are You Creating In Your Family? Take the Quiz Now! https://familybrand.com/quiz
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:44 Welcome Michael Hyatt to the Family Brand Podcast
- 1:06 How we met Michael
- 2:21 A look into Michael’s new book
- 6:16 The key to taking control of your mind
- 11:30 The power of taking personal responsibility
- 16:30 Teaching your kids to say sorry
- 18:22 The difference between a story and the truth
- 23:11 One of Michael Hyatt’s #1 leadership tip
- 27:20 Parenting advice from Michael Hyatt
- 31:25 Creating a great place for your family to come
- 37:40 What drives your kids away as they get older
- 43:30 How Michael raised daughters that believe in themselves