121: Building Great Engineering Teams in Tech Companies with Jossie Haines, Kathryn Vandiver, and Sushma Nallapeta
Whether you’re in engineering, working alongside engineering teams, or you’re just looking to uplevel your career in tech - I have a treat for you this week, my love!
Today, I invite three extraordinary and powerful leaders in the tech industry to talk about their unique experiences building great engineering teams. Join us as Jossie, Kathryn & Sushma share their approaches to getting ahead as engineering leaders, and how to build better relationships with these important teams in your own organization.
Ready to learn more about how engineering interacts with the rest of the organization - and gain some powerful leadership tools along the way?
Let’s go to the show!
We dive into:
- How these incredible women became VPs of engineering - and why they do what they do!
- 4 key metrics you can use to highlight how engineering is moving towards company goals
- How to make sure the engineering team supports business strategy (even when the rest of the organization may not fully understand what they do!)
- One VITAL piece to building good communication between engineering and the rest of the organization
- Their BEST advice to help you on your path to VP!
- And so much more!
- Book recommendations:
- Accelerate: Building and Scaling High Performing Technology Organizations, by Nicole Forsgren, Jez Humble & Gene Kim
- Team Topologies: Organizing Business and Technology Teams for Fast Flow by Matthew Skelton & Manuel Pais
- If you are ready to uplevel your career, and get a boost (and a salary bump) by shortcutting your way to success, find out more about Toni’s Coaching at:
- Alternatively, go straight ahead and book a free Discovery Call, to find out more and discuss the type of support you would most benefit from: https://bit.ly/DiscoverToni
- Catch the show notes, and more details about today's episode here: https://tonicollis.com/episode121
Join the Leading Women in Tech community in Slack where we discuss all-the-things for women’s tech leadership, covering everything from early-career leadership to C-level executives.