123: The Power of the Mind + Managing Chronic Illness with Alexa Carlin
Goddess of the Week: Alexa Carlin
Join Nixie and Alexa for a truly inspiring story about near death experiences, chronic illness, and the power of healing through your mind.
Nationally renowned motivational speaker, Alexa Carlin has dedicated her life to doing one thing: inspiring people to dream big and believe in themselves. She founded her first company at the age of 17, designing jewellery for an L.A. based fashion company under her own label where she donated a percentage of proceeds to help build schools in Africa. Since then, she has been passionate about making a difference in others' lives through her entrepreneurial endeavours.
In 2011, she founded the inspirational blog Hello Perfect®, with the mission to promote self-love in girls and women. This creative project led to the inspiration for the Women Empower Expo. Founded in 2016, Alexa grew the Women Empower Expo (WEX) to become the largest event for female entrepreneurs on the east coast hosting events in Fort Lauderdale, FL, Raleigh, NC and Washington D.C.. Through WEX Alexa has created a platform for women entrepreneurs to gain support, find funding, and meet other like-minded women.
Today, Alexa travels the world as a sought-after public speaker on the topics of entrepreneurship, authentic leadership, women's empowerment and overcoming obstacles.
Women who have inspired Alexa to live a mystically empowered life:
- Her mother
- Oprah Winfrey
What we chat about:
- Healing yourself with your mind
- Accepting your illness leads to freedom
- Gaining confidence from a near death experience
- Getting out of victim mindset
- The importance of women supporting women
- Navigating chronic illness
- Life happens for you, not yo you
- Your mind is your biggest tool for success
- Get 30% Off your all natural cleaning starter kit at www.claryti.com/goddess
- Join The Goddess Life Membership by visiting https://www.iamgoddesscollective.com/membership
- For more Goddess conversations join our women's facebook group:
- Receive 25% off A Yoga Wake Up subscription by using code bit.ly/goddessyogawakeup