1286: How to choose a 1-5 Rep Weight After Completing a High Rep Phase, Using Bodybuilding Poses to Accelerate Mobility & Muscle Gains, the Pros & Cons of Squatting With Feet Angled Slightly Outward & More
In this episode of Quah (Q & A), Sal, Adam & Justin answer Pump Head questions about how to choose a 1-5 rep weight after completing a much higher rep phase, mobility movements that are beneficial for a bodybuilding competitor, whether it is detrimental to squat with your feet angled slightly outward, and the difference between masturbation to porn and having actual physical relations with someone that you care about.
- Adam’s brand-new look. (7:05 )
- The camera loves Sal. (12:36 )
- Gold’s Gym filing for bankruptcy, a sign of bad times ahead for the gym industry? (17:18 )
- The Battle of the Goliaths, Thor vs Hall. (23:49 )
- How red-light therapy affects wound healing, scars, and stretch marks. (28:00 )
- Mind Pump Recommends Billions on Showtime. (32:08 )
- The importance of form and exercise technique. (35:03 )
- Sleep issues, cannabis, and CBD. (38:48 )
- #Quah question #1 – When returning to a 1-5 rep phase from 8-12 and/or 15-20 reps, do you continue using the same weight from your last 5 rep max? Add or remove a few pounds? Or start back at my 5-rep max see how I feel and go from there? (43:40 )
- #Quah question #2 – Bodybuilders have to do some intense poses that often involve contorting their body in different positions. What specific mobility movements would be beneficial for a bodybuilding competitor? (49:08 )
- #Quah question #3 – Is it detrimental to squat with your feet slightly angled outward? (54:37 )
- #Quah question #4 – A friend and I have been discussing the topic of physical relations vs porn. Is there a difference between masturbation to porn and having actual physical relations with someone that you care about? (1:01:40 )
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- May Promotion: MAPS Starter ½ off! **Promo code “STARTER50” at checkout**
- Special Promotion: MAPS Anywhere ½ off!! **Code “WHITE50” at checkout**
- Special Promotion: NO BS 6-Pack Abs ½ off! **Promo code “NOBS50” at checkout
- Gold's Gym has filed for bankruptcy protection after closing locations amid the coronavirus outbreak
- Mind Pump #1280: COVID-19 – The Death of the Gym Industry?
- GAME OF THRONES’ The Mountain Sets New Deadlift World Record
- 'The Mountain' Thor Bjornsson set to make debut in boxing vs. former World's Strongest Man in 2021
- Visit Joovv for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners!
- Should open excisions and sutured incisions be treated differently? A review and meta-analysis of animal wound models following low-level laser therapy.
- Effect of low-level laser therapy on types I and III collagen and inflammatory cells in rats with induced third-degree burns.
- A Controlled Trial to Determine the Efficacy of Red and Near-Infrared Light Treatment in Patient Satisfaction, Reduction of Fine Lines, Wrinkles, Skin Roughness, and Intradermal Collagen Density Increase
- Z Press to take Your Shoulder Development to the Next Level – Mind Pump TV
- Mind Pump #1285: The Ultimate At-home Ab & Core Workout
- Visit NED for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners!
- Cannabidiol in Anxiety and Sleep: A Large Case Series
- Sleep Problems | Project CBD
- Sleep Guidelines During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Do You Have Back Or Shoulder Pain? YOU NEED TO TRY THIS! | Mind Pump TV
- Add Windmills to Your Workout to Increase Your Deadlift Strength – Mind Pump TV
- How To Improve Your Squat Depth - FREE Squat Like A Pro Guide – Mind Pump TV
- How can porn induce erectile dysfunction?
- Mind Pump Free Resources