1293: The Risks of Locking Out Your Joints When Lifting, The Pros & Cons of Straps & Grips, How to Eliminate Shin Splints & More
In this episode of Quah (Q & A), Sal, Adam & Justin answer Pump Head questions about whether you should lockout on exercises like a bench press, how to make shin splints go away, the benefits and detriments with using straps and grips, and ways to handle fear and anxiety around topics you can’t control that affect your children and their future.
- The most misused metrics to gauge a workout. (4:58 )
- The effectiveness of ‘Stop, pause sets’ in your strength routine. (12:17 )
- Mind Pump enjoys Magic Spoon. (13:38 )
- Elon Musk vs California. (20:02 )
- Mind Pump on the future of the gym industry as clubs slowly begin to reopen. (23:20 )
- The struggles of distance learning from home, the importance of protecting your eyes, the value of community & MORE. (29:28 )
- Mind Pump’s fatherly learning lessons. (36:23 )
- The camera loves Justin. (45:53 )
- #Quah question #1 – Should you lockout on exercises like a bench press? Pavel said you should lockout to build joint strength. I always thought you come just shy of lockout to keep tension on the muscle and off the joint. (49:24 )
- #Quah question #2 - How do you make shin splints go away? What corrective training do you recommend to prevent future flare-ups? (52:38 )
- #Quah question #3 - What do you think of straps and grips? I’ve used them for years, but wonder if I should just build my forearm strength and just lift what I can without them. (56:01 )
- #Quah question #4 – How do you and your partners handle fear and anxiety around topics you can’t control that affect your children and their future? (1:03:54 )
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- May Promotion: MAPS Starter ½ off! **Promo code “STARTER50” at checkout**
- Special Promotion: MAPS Anywhere ½ off!! **Code “WHITE50” at checkout**
- Overtraining Is KILLING Your Gains! (How Much Is Too Much?) | Mind Pump TV
- Mind Pump #1142: Nine Signs You are Overtraining
- Visit Magic Spoon for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners!
- Elon Musk on reopening Tesla factory: 'If anyone is arrested, I ask that it only be me'
- Tesla, California County Reach Deal to Reopen U.S. Plant Next Week
- Gyms to Add Strict Operating Procedures After Reopening
- Visit Felix Gray for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners!
- MAPS Prime Webinar
- How To Improve Your Squat Depth - FREE Squat Like A Pro Guide – MInd Pump TV
- MAPS Fitness Prime Pro - Mind Pump Media
- 5 Exercises For HUGE Forearms & A STRONGER Grip (FREE Big Arms Guide) - Mind Pump TV
- Mind Pump #1265: How to Develop a Winning Mindset
- Mind Pump Free Resources
Pavel Tsatsouline (@strongfirst) Instagram