13: Power for the powerless (Part 3)
If you want power, you probably shouldn’t have it. This week we explore the relationship between the Jewish exile and power, the idea of two Jewish messiah figures and how Jesus was the key to unlocking the human problem with power.
Want to help support this work?
- If you'd like to donate, you can do that here. (Even just $1/month helps a TON!)
- Get occasional email updates here!
- Leave a review on iTunes.
- Share an episode with a friend. :)
Music: Cale Haugen
Luke 4:1-13, Matt. 4:1-11, Mk. 1:12-13, 1 Cor. 6:3, Rev. 1:6, 5:10, 20:6
- The Bible for Normal People, Season 2: Jen Hatmaker
- Paul’s Ethics of Relinquishing Power and the Letter to Philemon by Tim
- Seminary Dropout podcast episode 111: Gary Black Jr. “Heaven is not a cosmic car wash!”
- Preparing for Heaven: What Dallas Willard Taught Me About Living, Dying, and Eternal Life by Gary Black Jr.