132: The Teacher Guy - Abbas Manjee chats with us about focusing on what you can control, redefining what it means to learn skills, and the importance of taking care of yourself.
Chief Academic Officer and Co-Founder of Kiddom, Abbas Manjee, chats with us about focusing on what you can control, redefining what it means to learn skills, and the importance of taking care of yourself.
- 0:47 - Happy Holidays!
- 2:32 - Celebrating the FREE PD Series in our Facebook Group.
- 5:35 - Previewing the episode with Abbas Manjee.
- 8:18 - Abbas introduces himself.
- 9:07 - Chatting about Kiddom, how it came about, and what it's built for.
- 12:02 - Abbas's failure: His student during his 4th year of teaching, slipping through the cracks.
- 15:05 - Abbas's success: Forging a partnership that helps them to offer a resource of high quality curriculum.
- 18:02 - What's keeping Abbas excited about education right now: Enabling schools and districts to operate and meet the needs of growing learners in equitable fashion.
- 19:44 - Abbas's advice for teachers: Don't let perfect be the enemy of good.
- 22:23 - 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 24:43 - How to connect with Abbas.
- EdTech Tool: YouTube
- Book: "The Pragmatist: Bill de Blasio’s Quest to Save the Soul of New York" by Joseph Viteritti.
- Who to Follow on Twitter:
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: Cult of Pedagogy
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Make your own routines, figure out a way to stick to them, and then break them from time to time.
- Best piece of advice you've ever received: Everything in moderation, including moderation
Links to Connect With Abbas
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/teach-better-talk/message
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store