134: Take risks. Go with your gut. - Sarah Lalonde chats with us about navigating the first few years of your teaching career, building strong relationships, and taking risks.
Sarah Lalonde chats with us about navigating the first few years of your teaching career, building strong relationships, and taking risks.
Sarah shares how she had to do a lot of unlearning to start embracing failures, the feeling of community social media can offer, and how having a podcast is like another extension of yourself.
- 1:35 - Let's talk goal setting for 2020.
- 13:03 - Sarah introduces herself.
- 14:02 - Talking about Sarah's podcast, "Que Sera Sarah?"
- 17:12 - Sarah's failure: The month of November last year.
- 21:00 - Sarah's success: Taking her podcast to "the next level" this season.
- 23:41 - What's keeping Sarah excited in education right now: The continuous connections, and the new conversations coming from social media and the podcast. Her students' Eco-Friendly Thrift Store project.
- Check out the project's Instagram! @Deuxieme.vaguee
- 28:25 - Sarah's advice for teachers: Take risks. Go with your gut.
- 31:16 - 6 questions answered in 15 seconds or less.
- 33:46 - Jeff's EPIC BURN on Rae.
- 35:55 - How to connect with Sarah.
- 37:51 - Sarah takes us out in French!
- EdTech Tool: Canva.com
- Book: "Relentless" by Hamish Brewer.
- Who to Follow on Instagram:
- YouTube/Podcast/Website/Blog: The Explained Show
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine:
- Tweet weekly about a successful practice in your class.
- Creates portfolio.
- Inspires others.
- Values students (if you show them).
- Best piece of advice you've ever received: If it’s not a HELL YES, it’s a no.
Links to Connect With Sarah
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/teach-better-talk/message