138. How can IoT improve the logistics industry ?
Guest Name: Ammar Aamer, Associate professor at Northeastern University. Language: English, Publication date: June, 05. 2021
Ammar Aamer is an Associate professor at Northeastern University - Toronto, Canada, in the College of Professional Studies, Master of Science in Project Management program. He has over 22 years of industry experience in project management, operations management, supply chain management, and strategic business consulting with various companies such as Volvo, TRW Automotive, Gap Inc., and Industrial and Business Services.
As an educator, he has served in multiple roles, including Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, and Dean of Engineering at Sana’a and Sampoerna Universities – in Yemen and Indonesia. His research is currently focused on Digital Transformation, Data Analytics & Supply Chain Management, Lean Six Sigma, Organizational Change, and the Internet of things (IoT). Ammar holds a Doctor of Philosophy and a Master of Science in Industrial Engineering from the University of Tennessee. He has also achieved Project Management Professional (PMP) designation from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Some of the highlights of questions from the podcast including:
- What is IoT by definition ? And how do you see the challenges and opportunities for the next three and five years from now ?
- How can IoT potentially improve the logistics process ?
- In your opinion, what would be the biggest disruption caused by IoT in the logistics Industry ? And how is it possible?
- Could you please share some stories where the logistics Industry successfully improved their bottom-line process by adopting the IoT ?
- Some other key takeaway.
Connect him on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ammar-aamer/
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/bicarasupplychain/message