14: Give up power like Jesus (Part 4)
Contrary to popular evangelical practice, the call to follow Jesus is an invitation to relinquish power over others. Part 4 in a series on the Bible as a story about power, we contrast this ethic with the theology of power and submission that is rooted in American slavery and is alive and well in the American church today.
Want to help support this work?
- If you'd like to donate, you can do that here. (Even just $1/month helps a TON!)
- Get occasional email updates here!
- Leave a review on iTunes.
- Share an episode with a friend. :)
Music: Cale Haugen
1 Cor. 6:3, Rev. 1:6, 5:10, 20:6
- Paul’s Ethics of Relinquishing Power and the Letter to Philemon by Tim
- Seminary Dropout podcast episode 111: Gary Black Jr. “Heaven is not a cosmic car wash!”
- Preparing for Heaven: What Dallas Willard Taught Me About Living, Dying, and Eternal Life by Gary Black Jr.
61: Bodies for Both Worlds (Heaven Part 3)
60: Heaven as a Revolution (Heaven Part 2)
59: I'll fly away, old glory (Heaven Part 1)
58: Who the hell knows (Hell Part 3)
57: To hell with hell (Hell Part 2)
56: Scared to Death (Hell Part 1)
55: Wade Mullen - Church abuse and cover-up
54: Brandi Miller - Farewell white theology
53: So... marry the Bible? (Questions Part 3)
52: So… divine healing. (Questions Part 2)
51: So… evangelism. (Questions Part 1)
50: 1 year in
49: Making Hezekiah Great Again (How The Bible Works)
48: Old Testament jerks (How The Bible Works)
47: Tim Mackie - A conversation starter (Part 2)
46: Tim Mackie - Riddles in the Bible (Part 1)
45: Why Seams & Stitching Matter (How The Bible Works)
44: Scrolls & Seams (How The Bible Works)
43: Literary Layers & Ananias and Sapphira (How The Bible Works)
42: Copy, Paste & Psalm 108 (How The Bible Works)