14. The Pursuit of Wisdom
In today’s episode we look at what it means to pursue Wisdom
Intentional Optimism - a refresher
- Optimistic - hopeful, positive, proactive
- Present - having a sense of wonder, generous, kind/open
- Courageous - lead, adventure, resilient
- Energetic - industrious, energetic and life-focused
- Wise - understanding, words, respect
- Intentional - sense of purpose, plan, grow
Topics discussed in this episode:
How do you pursue wisdom?
- Understanding [2:58 ]
- See all the sides
- Words [5:56 ]
- Worth Listening To
- Respect [9:10 ]
- Role model it
- Earn it
Do you want to pursue wisdom with me?
- What difficult lessons are you resisting or putting off? Is it the Reality piece you need a better handle on? Trust me, you’re only delaying the inevitable. There’s a saying in the personal growth world - “what we resist, persists.”
- Maybe it’s your Words… How well does your “thought bubble to speech bubble” filter work? Perhaps - like me - you need to start drafting emails or social media responses prior to “going live.” The Apostle Paul, in his letter to the Philippians suggested these “true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, of moral excellence and praiseworthy” - how’s THAT for a filter?
- It’s pretty easy to demand others Respect us, but how easy is it to model out the kind of behavior that promotes respect both ways? What do your boundaries look like? Do you recognize the boundaries of others? I always recommend the book Boundaries by Cloud and Townsend, we’ll put it in the show notes.
- Perhaps Understanding yourself is the place to start. When you do, it’s easier to begin to understand others.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)
Gab your FREE “Ultimate DISC communication Cheat Sheet”
Get your own DISC Assessment, and don't forget the 10% discount (code "PODCAST") at check out!
Email me at email@example.com so I can be your professional encourager!
Join the Intentional Optimists Facebook Group
Follow on Instagram @theintentionaloptimist
Linked In Andrea Johnson
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/AndreaJohnson)