15. Homeless to Harvard - with Gwen Cassady
Gwen Cassady has had a global footprint in 64 countries, on all 7 continents, and has a passion for fighting homelessness in all of them. With degrees in Economics and Education from the University of Virginia, she is currently working toward her Masters in Sustainability at Harvard, or as she calls it, “Hardvard.” She plans to create Sustainable Cities and Communities to help disenfranchised members of her local community while assisting and facilitating projects and ventures globally.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Empowering people [12:34 ]
- Leadership Principle: Finding strength in unconditional love[13:00 ]
- Habits: [14:12 ]
- Get up early
- Find balance between personal and professional using writing
Gwen’s advice to those who would be interested in similar work: [22:42 ]
- Be passionate
- Be non-judgemental of all
- Follow your heart - your true essence
- Surround yourself with people who are authentic
- Find your creative outlet
Resources mentioned in this episode:
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)
Shop at the EcoChic Boutique and use the code “OPTIMIST” at checkout or in store for a $20 gift card to use on your purchase!
Book: The Factory Man – Beth Macy
Find most of Gwen’s initiatives, including Lovelocks & International Villas at: ManagingProjects.org
Vision Forward Media "If It Could Happen to Me, It Could Happen to You: From Homeless to Harvard – Domestic Homelessness with a focus on the Currently Homeless Populations of Charlottesville, Roanoke, Washington DC, New York City, Boston"
Get Growing and Get Involved!
How can you make an impact in your world? Personal growth begins with awareness. So, start with your FREE “Ultimate DISC communication Cheat Sheet”, and start increasing your ability to communicate and connect.
Or, get your own DISC Assessment, and don't forget the 10% discount (code "PODCAST") at check out!
Email me at email@example.com so I can be your professional encourager!
● Join the Intentional Optimists Facebook Group
● Follow on Instagram @theintentionaloptimist
● Linked In Andrea Johnson