150: Senior Care (Part 2): The rapid growth of Medicare Advantage
Medicare Advantage (MA) is a public-private hybrid health plan that allows eligible seniors to receive health insurance through a commercial insurer. It has a high satisfaction rate among enrollees and is projected to crest fifty percent of all Medicare enrollment this year. In part two of Radio Advisory's senior care series, Host Rachel (Rae) Woods talks with senior care expert Aaron Hill and health plan expert Max Hakanson about why Medicare Advantage is so popular, its impact on industry stakeholders, and why MA will likely be subjected to more oversight and regulatory scrutiny in the near future.
The podcast team wants to know how we can make the podcast better for you. So, we created a quick listener survey at advisory.com/podsurvey. Please take it and let us know what you want to hear on Radio Advisory. Thanks for listening.
- Health insurance 101: Medicare Advantage
- Achieving sustainable growth in Medicare Advantage
- Special Needs Plans (SNPs)
- 9 data-driven insights on senior preferences when selecting a Medicare Advantage plan
- What seniors want when shopping for Medicare Advantage supplemental benefits
- Ep. 149: Senior Care (Part 1): Specialized primary care for an aging population
- Ep. 109: Senior care: Why the next 10 years are critical
Learn how healthcare competition is transforming (www.advisory.com/healthcarecompetition)