1511: How to Properly Use Creatine, How to Weigh Meat When Tracking Macros, the Truth About Cholesterol & More
In this episode of Quah (Q & A), Sal, Adam & Justin answer Pump Head questions about how much creatine to consume, whether high cholesterol is still the demon it was once thought to be, whether you should weigh your meat raw or cooked, and movements that help older people build strength.
- Mind Pump on dirty song lyrics of their youth. (4:22 )
- Burger King is a marketing genius. (12:09 )
- Addressing the hip thrust versus back squat controversy from a previous episode. (16:54 )
- Does the use of anabolic steroids cause long-term testosterone production damage? (20:42 )
- Ned’s new product ‘Mello’ is blowing the guy's minds! (24:09 )
- How success breeds more success. (29:00 )
- Mind Pump’s theories on the recent non-fungible token (NFT) craze. (34:10 )
- Did you know there is an approved surgery to make you taller?! (39:35 )
- What will the long-term effects of masks be? (42:10 )
- How the Public Goods membership service works. (48:41 )
- #Quah question #1 - How much creatine should I consume and when? (51:00 )
- #Quah question #2 – Is high cholesterol still the demon we once thought it was? Such as having high LDL, but also having high HDL? (55:47 )
- #Quah question #3 – When using a food scale to track ounces of meat, should you measure raw or cooked? (1:03:08 )
- #Quah question #4 – Lots of people have older family members they care for. If you were to recommend a few movements that would help them build some strength, what would they be? (1:05:57 )
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- March Specials: Get in Shape for Summer! MAPS HIIT, MAPS Spilt, and the Bikini Bundle all half off! - Promo code “SPRINGBREAK” at checkout
- iGen: Why Today’s Super-Connected Kids Are Growing Up Less Rebellious, More Tolerant, Less Happy–and Completely Unprepared for Adulthood–and What That Means for the Rest of Us
- Burger King apologizes for saying 'women belong in the kitchen' in a tweet advertising a new scholarship for female chefs
- Back Squat vs. Hip Thrust Resistance-training Programs in Well-trained Women – PubMed
- Bodybuilding steroids linked to long-term testicular damage, study finds - CNN
- Mind Pump #1507: Everything You Need To Know About Steroids With John Romano
- What Does Magnesium Do For Your Body?
- Visit NED for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners!
- Visit Drink LMNT for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners!
- The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America’s Wealthy
- Digital art by Beeple sells for $69.4 million amid NFT boom
- What's An NFT? And Why Are People Paying Millions To Buy Them?
- Men are paying $76,000 for a limb-extending surgery that involves breaking leg bones and inserting nails and screws
- Erase the Face: How to Dehumanize an Entire Population
- Visit Public Goods for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners! **Receive $15 off your first Public Goods order with NO MINIMUM purchase**
- Photobiomodulation in human muscle tissue: an advantage in sports performance?
- Cholesterol For Muscle Gains – Mind Pump Blog
- New federal guidelines may lift dietary cholesterol limits
- MAPS Macro Calculator
- Mind Pump Podcast – YouTube
- Mind Pump Free Resources
- Connor Murphy (@connormurphyofficial) Instagram