1527: The 3 Step Solution to the Obesity Epidemic
In this episode Sal, Adam & Justin cover the origins, challenges and solutions of the obesity epidemic.
- Interesting statistics that highlight the obesity epidemic. (2:11 )
- The clinical definition of obesity. (3:00 )
- Why fix the obesity epidemic? (5:38 )
- The importance of having an honest conversation. (8:35 )
- How being obese affects your mental health. (10:32 )
- Self-image versus body image. (12:15 )
- You have to change your approach. (14:54 )
- What caused this problem? (20:38 )
- The 3 Step Solution to the Obesity Epidemic.
- #1 – Dramatically reduce heavily processed foods from your diet. (35:06 )
- #2 – Build strength and muscle. (38:42 )
- #3 – Increase awareness around being distracted while consuming food. (46:40 )
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- April Specials: MAPS Anabolic or Shredded Summer Bundle 50% off! **Promo code “APRILSPECIAL” at checkout**
- Visit ChiliPad for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners!
- Obesity One of the Biggest Risk Factors in COVID-19 Hospitalizations, Study Suggests
- Defining Adult Overweight and Obesity
- Healthy lifestyle and life expectancy free of cancer, cardiovascular disease, and type 2 diabetes: prospective cohort study
- The Key to Fitness Success is Self-Love – Mind Pump Blog
- Workout Because You Love Yourself Not Because You Hate Yourself – Mind Pump Blog
- NIH study finds heavily processed foods cause overeating and weight gain
- Processed foods make up 70 percent of the U.S. diet
- Processed: Food Science and the Modern Meal
- How Portion Sizes Have Changed Throughout History
- We Burn as Many Calories as Hunter-Gatherers, So What Makes Us Fat?
- Why Resistance Training is the Best Form of Exercise – Mind Pump Blog
- Mind Pump Podcast – YouTube
- Mind Pump Free Resources
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store