156 Remo Giuffré (TEDxSydney founder) x Murray Cook (The Wiggles, The Soul Movers)
Wow! What an amazing show!
Last week on the Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet weekly iTunes entrepreneurship podcast I stepped inside the minds of 2 of Australia’s music, marketing and events icons, Murray Cook (The Wiggles, The Soul Movers) and Remo Giuffré (TEDxSydney founder & director).
Download this exclusive podcast via:
Super inspiring chats as we delve into:
Murray Cook (The Wiggles, The Soul Movers):
- The Wiggles' signature index finger-wagging move - which Wiggles came up with it and where it came from.
- Murray Cook’s musical inspirations growing up - the first vinyl record he bought, stole or burned.
- The Soul Movers soul, rock, pop and folk band - how the band came to be, what it means to him and one of the band founders, Lizzie Mack.
- What inspired Murray Cook, Anthony Field and Greg Page to form The Wiggles in 1991.
- The Wiggles song writing process and the methods behind it.
- The hardest part about leaving The Wiggles and the freedom it allowed him to further pursue his passion for guitar and music.
- An exclusive acoustic live set by The Soul Movers at the end of the podcast featuring Murray Cook and charismatic frontwoman Lizzie Mack.
Remo Giuffré (TEDxSydney founder & director):
- The repeating theme and motivation that has driven Remo Giuffré’s career forward as an entrepreneur, retail merchant and brand builder in Australia, San Francisco and New York.
- TEDxSydney - an annual flagship TEDx event which has become the leading platform for the propagation of Australian ideas, innovation and creativity to the rest of the world.
- How the TEDxSydney event came about.
- The biggest challenges about running the TEDxSydney events that he didn’t anticipate and how he worked through them.
- Who’s been one of the TEDxSydney speakers who’s inspired Remo the most so far & why.
- REMO General Store, the General Thinking network and the General Think Book.
- The joys and business challenges of REMO General Store.
- General Think Book - the fascinating journey of Remo’s life and what it is like to become an author for the first time.
Both Murray Cook + Remo Giuffré:
- Moments of Sheer Joy - Both guests describe in detail a key moment of joy or realisation, a pinch me moments that they’ve had in their career thus far when they’ve thought to themselves “I can’t believe that this is happening right now”.
- Drive and Self-motivation - What Murray and Remo each do to motivate themselves on those down days or mornings when they just can’t be bothered.
- 2 pieces of advice that Murray Cook and Remo Giuffré would give to someone who has a dream, but is afraid to take that first step.
Connect with Murray Cook (The Wiggles, The Soul Movers) online:
Buy The Soul Movers new album Testify!
Connect with Remo Giuffré (TEDxSydney founder) online:
Buy Remo Giuffré's General Think Book $35.
Hit Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet up on social media here:
Hot & Delicious YouTube - Ballistyx Snowboard Show, interviews & more.
'Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet’ entertainment, travel, photography & lifestyle blog:
For social media strategy, content/photography & influencer business enquiries contact: email@example.com
Special Thanks to:
- Remo Giuffré (founder & director TEDxSydney) x Murray Cook (The Wiggles, The Soul Movers).
- Lizzie Mack (The Soul Movers).
- Australian comedian, podcaster and TV presenter, Wil Anderson.
- Oscar McMahon, Andy, Hanno and all of the Young Henrys crew.
- Caroline, Riggs, Atlanta and the peeps at The Unicorn Hotel.
- Tashi Dorjee from TwoSpace.
- Gaz Williams from General Assembly (and now Inspire9) from FuckUp Nights.
- Pauly B + Henry for jumping in on sound.
- Rob Marfleet for photography.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store