158: Are You Under Leveraging? Finance Friday with Investor and Agent Wayne Loux
Happy New Year! With the first 2021 episode of Finance Fridays, we take a look at Wayne Loux’s investments, income streams, and overall finances.
Wayne is like many of our listeners: working a W2 job, but also supporting himself and his family by having 1099 income from being a real estate agent. On top of that, Wayne has over 10 rental units, spread throughout different multifamily properties. He also has solid retirement savings and cash on hand.
With all this income, Wayne wanted answers on whether or not he should lessen his time at his W2 job, take more cash out from equity in the multifamily properties he owns, and other common real estate investment questions.
Scott and Mindy go through different strategies that can help Wayne grow his portfolio. From 1031 exchanges, to setting up self-directed IRAs, and cash-out refinancing to build an out of state portfolio.
These are questions we hear from many investors on the BiggerPockets forums, so stay tuned because Scott and Mindy just might answer a question you’ve had!
In This Episode We Cover
- How to value your time as a high-earning professional
- Putting family over work, even if it means stepping away from an income stream
- Which investments should you put money into when all your bills are being paid?
- SEP IRAs and Self-Directed IRAs
- Using 1031 exchanges to lower your tax burden when investing
- Finding jobs that can scale your income (and leaving those that don’t)
- Whether you’re over or under leveraging your current portfolio
- How to speak to your partner about big financial steps
- And So Much More!
Links from the Show
Check the full show notes here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/moneyshow158