158: Feedback Friday | How to Save Someone from a Self-Help Cult
If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now, let's dive in!
On This Week's Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- How can you prove that your teacher is name-grading essays without cheating on the paper?
- You're a veteran looking to transition back to civilian life. Here are some resources that might help (many thanks to your fellow veteran Zach Criswell for this info).
- When the big change you really need is a job opportunity at another company, is it unfair not to give your current employer a chance to negotiate with you to stay put?
- You're worried your significant other might have gotten wrapped up in an expensive self-help cult. What might you say to bring them gently back to Earth without wasting even more time and money?
- How do you find a lawyer who will actually get the job you need done and won't break the bank?
- An important network connection has offered to help you find opportunities as you're transitioning into a new field, but how can you ensure you're not biting off more than you can chew while still learning the ropes without wasting anyone's time?
- You're a contractor who has worked for a company that has been bought and sold three times in the past three years. How do you present this on your resume so it doesn't look like you've worked for three companies in that time?
- You're in your fifties and looking to open a franchise, though you don't have direct retail experience. What should you do to minimize risk so you're not burdened with debt in your retirement years should things go south?
- Recommendation of the Week: Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes
- Quick shoutout to Natasha Holmes!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you'd like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you're coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you're not alone. <a href="https://www.betterhelp.com/jordan"...