#16 - Diabetes and Emotional Health with Clinical Psychologist Dr. Bill Polonsky
TAKING CONTROL OF YOUR DIABETES – THE PODCAST! ...With Expert Endocrinologists Living with T1D, Drs. Steven V. Edelman & Jeremy Pettus
Diabetes and Emotional Health – Clinical Psychologist Dr. Bill Polonsky
Questions We’ll Cover in This Episode:
• What are the most common emotional issues for people with type 1?
• What are the most common emotional issues for people with type 2?
• What are common barriers people face to seeking emotional support?
• What is diabetes distress and how does it differ from depression?
• What can I do if I’m feeling overwhelmed?
• How can I help as a loved one of someone with diabetes?
• What can I do if I don’t have access to a mental health professional who knows about diabetes?
Video Vault: https://tcoyd.org/tcoyd-video-vault/
American Diabetes Association Mental Health Registry: https://professional.diabetes.org/mhp_listing
TCOYD Diabetes Support Groups
Type 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/524361121705572/
Type 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/380141556250464/
Type 3 (Loved Ones): https://www.facebook.com/groups/375866213041029/
**Tune in for 2 new episodes each month! Like what you hear and want to help us grow? Please rate and review this podcast so we can reach more people living with diabetes!**
★ Support this podcast ★