#16 - Responsible AI and Building Trust in AI - Liu Feng-Yuan
“Having the conversation within the business, the data science teams, and the technology teams about what problems are you trying to solve? What can AI do with the data that you have? Sometimes business comes with a lot of problems that are like science-fiction."
Feng-Yuan is the co-founder and CEO of BasisAI, a Singapore-headquartered augmented intelligence software company that helps data-driven enterprises deploy AI responsibly. He has a vast experience in the tech sector, working with the Land Transport Authority Singapore to make public transport more efficient; and with GovTech pushing data initiatives for Singapore’s Smart Nation projects.
In this episode, I talked to Feng-Yuan about responsible AI and how to build trust in artificial intelligence, including the possibilities, challenges and dangers that AI and ML offer to businesses. We began by talking about his company, BasisAI, which offers bespoke AI solutions that are built responsibly. Feng-Yuan explained why it’s important to differentiate between what is interesting and what is useful when it comes to AI trends. We also spoke at length about deepfake, the dangers that come with it, and how to prevent such instances. At the end, Feng-Yuan also shares some wisdom about effective communication in the age of AI and ML.
Listen out for:
- BasisAI - [00:04:48 ]
- Feng-Yuan’s career journey - [00:06:23 ]
- Feng-Yuan’s interesting projects at GovTech - [00:11:57 ]
- The fear of AI/ML - [00:17:29 ]
- AI/ML current trends & challenges - [00:20:15 ]
- The danger of AI/ML - [00:23:07 ]
- Responsible AI - [00:25:00 ]
- Explainable AI - [00:28:24 ]
- Challenges for implementing AI - [00:30:14 ]
- Managing expectations for AI projects - [00:33:12 ]
- Productionizing AI - [00:35:07 ]
- Role of ML engineers in product team - [00:38:31 ]
- Data Scientist and ML Engineer - [00:41:03 ]
- Hyper-personalized AI - [00:43:16 ]
- 3 Tech Lead Wisdom - [00:45:50 ]
Liu Feng-Yuan’s Bio
Feng-Yuan Liu is the co-founder and CEO of BasisAI, a Singapore-headquartered augmented intelligence software company that helps data-driven enterprises deploy AI responsibly. In his previous capacity, he was responsible for leading and driving Smart Nation data initiatives for the Singapore government, including setting up and growing the data science and AI capabilities within GovTech.
- Email – email@example.com
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/feng-yuan-liu-9b09aa42/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/fengyuanliu
- Website – https://basis-ai.com
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/basis-ai/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/basis_ai
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/basisai/
Are you a startup in software development which is less than 5 years old?
If yes, our sponsor at JetBrains has a 50% startup discount offer which allows Startups to purchase multiple products and subscriptions for up to 10 unique licenses over a period of months.
To find out more, go to https://www.jetbrains.com/store/startups.
Like this episode?
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app and submit your feedback.
Follow @techleadjournal on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
Pledge your support by becoming a patron.
For more info about the episode (including quotes and transcript), visit techleadjournal.dev/episodes/16.