16. Taking Stock - The Art of the Yearly Review
“Experience is not the best teacher; evaluated experience is.”
~ John C. Maxwell.
In today’s episode we look at the “why and how” of a yearly review process.
Intentional Optimism - a refresher [2:30 ]
- Optimistic - hopeful, positive, proactive
- Present - having a sense of wonder, generous, kind/open
- Courageous - lead, adventure, resilient
- Energetic - industrious, energetic and life-focused
- Wise - understanding, words, respect
- Intentional - sense of purpose, plan, grow
Reflecting on the year in order to grow and plan for next year.
My Process [4:08 ]
- Use a Planner
- Frequent Reflection
- Don’t take yourself so seriously
My Insights - what I look for [8:47 ]
Now what? [16:02 ]
- You need to take the time to reflect. If you have a planner, great! Walk through it, week by week or month by month. If you don’t, look through what you do have - a journal, even social media will tell you where you’ve been and what you’ve been doing. All those memories will remind you of your own struggles and decisions, revealing a few themes.
- Look to see what major themes show up. For me, it was truly connection and clarity - what is it for you?
- It might be hard, but recognize your major struggles. I shared that mine were in the areas of my focus and thoughts - which, by the way, included discouragement, grief and lots of anger and frustration.
- Did you make any major decisions in 2020? If so, are you sticking with them? Are they decisions that will carry you forward in ways you desire or hope?
Resources mentioned in this episode:
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)
High Performance Planner [4:12 ] (#CommissionsEarned
High Performance Habits - Brendan Burchard [4:54 ] (#CommissionsEarned)
The Big Stretch, by Teneshia Jackson Warner (#CommissionsEarned)
Gab your FREE “Ultimate DISC communication Cheat Sheet”
Get your own DISC Assessment, and don't forget the 10% discount (code "PODCAST") at check out!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can be your professional encourager!
● Join the Intentional Optimists Facebook Group
● Follow on Instagram @theintentionaloptimist
● Linked In Andrea Johnson
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/AndreaJohnson)