161: Feedback Friday | How to Support a Friend Suffering from Addiction
If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now, let's dive in!
On This Week's Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Is your passively stoic expression (aka resting bitch face) getting you turned down for promotions? Here's some advice for turning down the Spock and cranking up the rock.
- How can you reduce stress and have a social life when your deadly serious job requires you to be on call 24/7/365?
- In trying new ways to strike up conversations without coming across as having a motive or being awkward, how do you spot the line you shouldn't cross?
- Are you missing out on life by not spending as much time and energy on your relationships and friendships in your 20s because you're so focused on personal development?
- For a year and a half, Your drug-abusing friend's been cut out of your life for ignoring the help you offered. Now he's in rehab and you don't feel much like re-engaging. Are you being selfish?
- You're understandably skittish about taking your dog out after he was attacked and severely injured by a bigger, unleashed dog. How can you reintroduce him to socializing, get the irresponsible owner to cover vet expenses, and prevent this from happening in the future?
- Is working for your significant other's brother's business -- even though you're not really qualified yet -- an opportunity or trouble waiting to happen? There are many issues at stake here, not the least of which is: what happens if you break up?
- Are cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies still relevant in 2019?
- Pro Tip: If you use AT&T, download the AT&T Call Protect app, which crowdsources spam and robocaller information.
- Recommendation of the Week: Inside The Mossad
- Quick shoutout to Mitchell Smith!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you'd like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Sign up for Six Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!