164: Boston Medical Center's path to sustainability (and how they're funding it)
Hospitals and health systems across the globe are looking towards environmental sustainability. However, in a tumultuous economic environment, it can be challenging to balance sustainability efforts with bottom-line necessities while operating under tight margins.
In this episode, guest host and Advisory Board's environmental sustainability expert Miles Cottier invites Bob Biggio, Senior Vice President of Facilities & Support Services at Boston Medical Center, to discuss long-term green financing strategies. Throughout the discussion, they explore Boston Medical Center's medical campus redesign, issuing of "Green Bonds," and their efforts balance sustainability with efficiency and cost-savings.
- The 5 things we're watching in international healthcare in 2023
- How can you make progress on environmental sustainability? By defining the problem and asking the right questions.
- Ep. 119: How health leaders can address climate change
- Here's how hospitals can chart a path to a sustainable financial future
- Three ways your climate change inaction will hurt your bottom line
- What health system strategists will prioritize in 2023 and beyond
Learn more about Advisory Board Events at advisory.com/resources/events