164: Modding the Game Boy Color
We have talked about hardware hacking before, but this time it is actually hacking to enhance existing 20 year old hardware! We put a brand new backlit LCD into an original Game Boy Color. Follow along on our not so smooth adventure and find out how this hardware actually works!
- Frank: Twitter, Blog, GitHub
- James: Twitter, Blog, GitHub
- Merge Conflict: Twitter, Facebook, Website, Chat on Discord
- Music : Amethyst Seer - Citrine by Adventureface
⭐⭐ Review Us ⭐⭐
Machine transcription available on http://mergeconflict.fm
- Aussie Weather: Live in Australia or coming down under for a visit? Try Aussie Weather for iOS or Android. A clean, accurate weather app with no ads, no fluff, just all the data presented beautifully. Free for capital cities, only $1.49AU per month for all cities and push notifications.
- Game Boy Color Replacement LCD Module - Midwest Embedded Corp.
- (1) James Montemagno on Twitter: "Last night @praeclarum helped me update my classic Gameboy Color with a new backlit LCD from Midwest Embedded (https://t.co/tLZkNbUGLp) after some soldering and cleaning it came out amazing! Now... need come Gameboy Color game recommendations!!! https://t.co/QMu6jahORK" / Twitter