165: Chris Voss | Negotiate as If Your Life Depended on It
Chris Voss (@vossnegotiation) retired as the lead international kidnapping negotiator for the FBI, is CEO of the Black Swan Group, and is the author of the national bestseller Never Split the Difference: Negotiating as If Your Life Depended on It.
What We Discuss with Chris Voss:
- How you can be a more effective negotiator for anything by using the FBI’s own field-proven hostage negotiation techniques.
- How to determine which of the three archetypes of negotiator you're dealing with: The Analyst, The Assertive, or The Accommodator.
- Who has the real leverage in a kidnapping or hostage scenario -- and how this applies to your own lower-stakes negotiations.
- What it takes to subtly convince someone to have it your way.
- The Black Swan Rule: Treating others not the way you want to be treated, but the way they want to be treated.
- And much more...
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Are you trying to hire the right person for your business, but the best candidates keep slipping away? Let ZipRecruiter -- the fastest way to hire great people -- help you screen only the best at ziprecruiter.com/jordan!
TurboTax, QuickBooks, and Mint are giant solutions that give you the power to prosper! Learn how to optimize your finances before tax time at intuit.com!
Eight Sleep is the first bed engineered with dynamic cooling and heating that keeps you at the perfect temperature all night long. Get $100 off your purchase when you go to EightSleep.com/jordan!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!