166: Waking the Witch with Pam Grossman- Best of I AM Goddess Collective
Pam is a writer, curator, and teacher of magical practice and history. She is the host of The Witch Wave podcast and the author of Waking the Witch: Reflections on Women, Magic, and Power and What Is A Witch. Her group art shows and projects, including Language of the Birds: Occult and Art at NYU’s 80WSE Gallery, have been featured by such outlets as Artforum, The New York Times, The New Yorker, Art in America, New York Magazine, and Teen Vogue.
Pam’s writing has appeared in numerous mediums, including The New York Times, TIME.com, Sabat, Ravenous Zine, and more. She has maintained Phantasmaphile, a blog that specializes in art with an esoteric or fantastical bent, since 2005. In 2017, she launched WitchEmoji, a witch-themed sticker pack for iMessage that became the #1 seller in the App Store.
She is also the co-organizer of the biennial Occult Humanities Conference at NYU, Associate Editor of Abraxas International Journal of Esoteric Studies, and co-founder of the Brooklyn arts & lecture space, Observatory , where her programming explored mysticism via a scholarly yet accessible approach.
Pam is a frequent lecturer on such topics as “The Occult in Modern Art 101,” and “Witch Pictures: Female Magic and Transgression in Western Art,” and she also teaches classes on spellcraft and ritual. As a featured guest on WNYC’s All of It, NPR’s 1A, HuffPost LIVE, The Midnight Archive web series, and myriad other radio shows and podcasts, she has discussed the role of magic in contemporary life. She has also consulted for such brands as Charlotte Tilbury and Treadwell’s Books, as well as for film and television.
What we chat about:
- Coming out of the broomcloset
- What is a Witch?
- Paganism & the Occult
- Culture and art as a Witch
- The archetype of the Witch
- Cultural appropriation and the craft
- Get 30% Off your all natural cleaning starter kit at www.claryti.com/goddess
- Join The Goddess Life Membership by visiting https://www.iamgoddesscollective.com/membership
- For more Goddess conversations join our women's facebook group:
- Receive 25% off A Yoga Wake Up subscription by using code bit.ly/goddessyogawakeup