#169: 5 things not to do when presenting virtually!
Over the last 15 months we've all got used to interacting virtually – but how good are we at delivering virtual presentations whether that to clients, to colleagues, to investors, to business associates etc...
I still see a lot of people presenting virtually in ways in which they could easily do better and that was the motivation for putting this podcast episode together to share with you five things not to do when presenting virtually
Here they are:
- Open up your presentation or arrive to deliver it bang on the time when it is due to start
- Have a distracting virtual background or a window behind you or deliver from your normal high-back office chair
- Read from a script or from the slides
- Launch straight into your presentation without telling the audience what’s coming up, how they can interact etc..
- Have someone press the 'next slide please' button - introduce each slide, make the transition smooth - almost unnoticeable
Bonus: Don't look uninterested or bored with what you are doing! - Instead smile into the webcam, add humour if the opportunity arises.
If you need help delivering better, more confident and more successful virtual presentations then do please get in touch via email@example.com or check out my presentations page on the Trevor Lee Media website.