17: Trauma (with Dr. Gabor Maté)
Dr. Gabor Maté is a world-renowned trauma expert who can (and will) deconstruct your happy childhood in a matter of minutes. At least, that’s what he did to our host, Stephanie. We start this episode with the question, “Why?” Why would someone get addicted to opioids? In this riveting interview, Dr. Maté expands our definition of trauma, breaks down how childhood trauma leaves wounds and how addictions of every kind are an attempt to soothe those wounds, and explains that healing is possible.
Please note, Last Day contains strong language, mature themes, and may not be appropriate for all listeners.
- Somatic Experiencing from Peter Levine
- Sensory Motor from Pat Ogden
- Emotional Feeding Therapy
- MDMA and other psychedelic therapy studies
- Compassion Inquiry from Dr. Gabor Maté
- Internal Family Systems therapy from Richard Shwartz
- Ketamine Therapy
- EMDR Therapy
- Hold On To Your Kids: Why Parents Need to Matter More Than Peers
- In The Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters With Addiction
- When the Body Says No: The Cost of Hidden Stress
- Scattered Minds: A New Look at the Origins and Healing of Attention Disorder
- Mouthpeace with Michael and Pele Bennett
Transcriptions available shortly after air date at https://www.lemonadamedia.com/show/last-day/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.