#17 - Adam Gazzaley MD, PhD: Bridging Between The Molecular And Neurophysiological Mechanisms Of Psychedelics To Clinical Outcomes
Adam Gazzaley MD, PhD is a neuroscientist, neurologist, inventor, author, photographer, entrepreneur and investor.
Adam obtained an M.D. and a Ph.D. in Neuroscience at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York, completed Neurology residency at the University of Pennsylvania, and postdoctoral training in cognitive neuroscience at University of California, Berkeley. He is now the David Dolby Distinguished Professor in Neurology, Physiology and Psychiatry at University of California, San Francisco and the Founder / Executive Director of Neuroscape, a translational neuroscience center engaged in technology creation and scientific research.
In this episode:
- Humans as information seeking creatures
- How technology has challenged our brain
- Bottom-up and top-down attention
- Advancing psychedelic research
- The role of context in experience outcomes
- The mind as a functional product of the brain
- Neuroplasticity (experience-dependent plasticity and self-directed plasticity)
- Creating an interpretable real-time experience landscape
- Psychedelics in neurodegenerative illness
Support the podcast:
Support the mission:
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/mind-medicine-australia.