17 - How Aparium is Innovating the Hotel Experience in Local Communities
“Be authentic, be you. Don’t try to be anything you’re not. Don’t try to be everything to everybody. That’s another big piece. That’s where a lot of people tend to lose because they get caught up in not really knowing who their customer is and what they stand for. They truly want to be everything to everybody.”
We are so excited to share this conversation with Jason Pirock, the Director of Marketing for Aparium. Aparium makes “hotels that matter'' and provides “the most unique experiences in the most distinctive places”. When the founders saw an opportunity to bring elevated, upscale, boutique hotels to secondary and tertiary markets that’s exactly what they did. Creating and mastering a niche in translocal hospitality, Aparium brings passing guests together while connecting with local communities and the people that inhabit them.
Not only does Jason manage a marketing campaign for the Aparium brand itself, he also oversees each of the individual properties in the portfolio, personalizing each brand identity to the specific market. The properties alone don’t speak for themselves so it’s crucial the teams in each market are genuine and truly care about the guests and their experiences. Jason relies on traditional PR tactics as well as social media to get the word out in a real time way.
Join us for this podcast as Emily and Jason discuss how Aparium works: from finding historic buildings to restore and bring back to life, to choosing all local vendors, makers, and artisans as the hotel suppliers, to the key role of the Lifestyle Director and their collaborations with locals in the community.
As you listen you’ll quickly realize that Aparium is not just a hotel. It’s an experience. It’s the place to be and hang out.
Tune in for topics like:
- Translocal hospitality and what it means to immerse the local community into a hotel
- Creating a hotel that is not just a place to stay but a true experience
- Managing an overall brand portfolio made up of several properties each with their own unique brand identity
- How to use hotel space creatively during times of restricted travel and gathering
Links from the episode:
- Follow Aparium on Instagram
- Like Aparium on Facebook
- Stay in the know with Aparium on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Free Training – Sign up + learn how to generate consistent sales for your local business WITHOUT a complicated or expensive marketing strategy
- Follow me (Emily Steele) (Love Local) on Instagram for a little business + a little life, and a whole lot of positive energy!
More from Jason and Aparium:
Aparium currently has seven open and operating locations with five new hotels opening in the coming months. Learn more about each experience on their website.