#17 The Difference In Skill Sets Between Group Exercise And PT, And Continued Self-Development With Kim Ngo
We talk about Kim’s transition from being an accountant to becoming one of London’s mega trainers, and also her most defining moments, how she continues her training and development now, and lots of other good stuff in between.
On this episode, I speak with the incredible Kim Ngo, a Nike trainer with over 4 years of fitness coaching experience. She’s set up an amazing movement called Food & Lycra about seven years ago with herself and two business partners. Through, this she’s created a huge amount of change in the way that women seek out movement.
Throughout our conversation, we talk about Kim’s transition from working as an accountant to becoming one of London’s top mega trainers, as well as the defining moments of her career thus far. Kim also opens up about how she continues her training and development today.
Take a listen to hear more about Kim’s motivating story about her life and fitness journey so far.
Some Questions I Ask:
- Did you ever fear that maybe you weren’t good enough to thrive in the fitness industry? (11:03 )
- As a coach, how do you continue working on your own development? (21:33 )
- What have been the most defining moments in your career? (30:37 )
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Kim got into fitness, even against her mother’s wishes. (3:32 )
- The differences between PT and coaching fitness classes. (13:45 )
- What drives Kim to continuously improve her coaching skills. (21:53 )
- Why CrossFit clicked for Joslyn and became one of her fitness passions. (24:50 )
- What Kim’s experience on a reality TV show was like. (30:44 )
Connect with Kim:
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.