172: Clint Watts | Surviving in a World of Fake News
Clint Watts (@selectedwisdom) is a Senior Fellow at the Foreign Policy Research Institute, a Senior Fellow at the Center For Cyber and Homeland Security at The George Washington University, and author of Messing with the Enemy: Surviving in a Social Media World of Hackers, Terrorists, Russians, and Fake News.
What We Discuss with Clint Watts:
- How our own cognitive biases are manipulated in an effort to destabilize trust in each other and our very way of life.
- How hostile entities like ISIS use social media for propaganda and recruitment.
- Why Western governments can't, even with their relatively infinite wealth of resources, beat ragtag Somali Twitter pirates and ISIS shills.
- How bias creates social media bubbles, what forms they take, and why this is dangerous.
- How we can fix these issues or at least mitigate the effect they have on our lives.
- And much more...
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Calm is the number one app for meditation and sleep! Want to explore its many benefits? Enjoy an exclusive discount of 25% off a Calm premium subscription by going to calm.com/jordan!
Need custom graphics, logos, or Web design? Access a community of 600,000+ designers by registering at designcrowd.com/jordan and enjoy up to $100 off with The Jordan Harbinger Show bonus offer!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Brother INKvestment Tank all-in-one inkjet printers keep your business running by delivering up to one year of printing without the need to replace ink cartridges! Find out more by visiting ChangeTheWayYouInk.com!
Do you want fancy designer jeans that look pretty at the club or good-looking but functional jeans that adventurers, go-getters, and rodeo riders have relied on for over 70 years? Try Wrangler -- denim made for the modern world. Check 'em out here!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!