#179: Is The Antiquated Commercial Recording Studio Dream Dead? Maybe Not... | With Steve Ornest
For decades, recording studios around the world were able to thrive in a healthy music industry full of platinum albums, hefty recording budgets, and, most importantly, ACTUAL profits.
Things have steadily declined over the past 15 years with large commercial facilities closing down left and right. For many studios, the final nail in the coffin was the COVID-19 lockdown.
While many are failing, some are still thriving despite the struggles of many other studios. In this week's interview, our guest has turned things around in a big way in an iconic LA studio called Total Access Recordings.
Listen now to learn more!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What it takes to get your foot in the door at a “legacy” studio
- How fresh ideas can save older recording studios from going under
- Reducing your overhead by using extra resources you have
- The cheesy romcom of one Socal studio in the late early 2000s
- Growing out of a brand image you struggle with
- Making a name for yourself in the local scene
- Finding a need and basing your business moves on that
For full show notes, visit https://6figurecreative.com/179