18 | PMH in Action: A Tale of Continuity with Dr. Karen Seigel
Join us as Dr. Karen Seigel shares the work she and her team have been doing focused on care of patients with COPD. Some of the many highlights include:
- How patients with low relational continuity (<50%) are 7 times more likely to be admitted to hospital compared to those who see their own physician at least 80% of the time.
- How Dr. Seigel and her team used their EMR and HQCA reports to identify COPD patients at risk of exacerbation/hospitalization
- How the team shares the workload and focuses on streamlining clinic processes for COPD care
- Useful resources developed with the Health Quality Council of Alberta (HQCA)
- Simple steps teams can take to improve relational continuity
HQCA Quality Exchange: https://hqca.ca/health-care-provider-resources/qe/primary-healthcare/