180. Shawn Woof Interview: How to Align and Execute for Success
Today I’m talking to Shawn Woof of SIR Canada in Muskoka, a second home market and what he reminds me is to Toronto what the Hamptons is to New York.
10 years ago, Shawn was investing in real estate and decided to get his license because he didn’t see the value in having to pay an agent
Since then, he has discovered that there are great real estate agents, and great real estate agents don’t just offer great value, that they are essential. As a result of all of this, Shawn has become a top real estate agent in his market.
In a market that is dead for lack of a better word, dead, for at least 4 months out of the year. Shawn saw this not as a problem, but as an opportunity. He had an idea. He used that time to align and execute for success. he continues to grow and cultivate that idea and his success today. We talk about how he did it and how he does it.
- Becoming a real estate agent: a story of Shawn Woof (03:43 )
- His Journey on Sotheby's International Realty Canada (10:59 )
- Building relationships: Risk or Opportunities (17:10 )
- How did he kind of propel with agents in Toronto (20:45 )
- A little bit about his experience with investing (22:26 )
- How does he become the agent of choice (29:57 )
- Shawn shares about pivoting and adapting (36:32 )
- The Final Three (40:15 )
Resources / People Mentioned:
Jere interviews the world’s most renowned and best real estate agents around the country and the world.
These outstanding Agents tell their stories, how they got into the business, and what has made them successful in one of the oldest and most competitive industries.
All of this on the “Jere Metcalf Podcast, Top Real Estate Agents tell how they do it.”
Jere Metcalf Partners