184. Beth Dickerson: What Happens When You Show Up
Today, I'm talking to Beth Dickerson, owner and partner at Gibson Sotheby's International Realty. Beth is ranked a top agent in the country and in all of Sotheby's International Realty. She has listed and sold more than 2,500 properties. Totally more than $1 billion in sales. Among these sales. she has represented numerous notable clients. A few that can be named are Manny Ramirez, Mike Lowell, Doc Rivers, Tom Brady, David Price, Wes Welker, Herb Chambers, and Bill Simmons. Beth was the proprietor of her own real estate company for several years before she joined the residential division of R M Bradley in 1993, where she was the top producer for more than a decade. She founded her own boutique real estate firm in November of 2003 Dickerson Real Estate, before merging with Gibson Sotheby's International Realty in 2007. With all of these accomplishments and all that she has accomplished. What is most impressive to me about Beth is that after such amazing and unsurmountable success, she is still one of the most down to earth, unassuming and authentic people I have met and worked with. Today, she and I talk about not the tricks of the trade, not faking it until you make it, but just showing up and what happens when you do it?
- A top agent in the state, a top agent in the country (03:39 )
- How did she get traction after her first deal (09:55 )
- Boston: a tough market to break into it (11:50 )
- Challenges - how does she manage it (13:50 )
- What is her secret superpower (15:30 )
- Beth shares her attribute of being a success (18:30 )
- How did she create a position so that people came to her (20:15 )
- Beth shares with us about tough clients and how she handles them (27:19 )
- The best resource that makes her successful (35:36 )
Resources / People Mentioned:
Jere interviews the world’s most renowned and best real estate agents around the country and the world.
These outstanding Agents tell their stories, how they got into the business, and what has made them successful in one of the oldest and most competitive industries.
All of this on the “Jere Metcalf Podcast, Top Real Estate Agents tell how they do it.”
Jere Metcalf Partners