186. Chad Carrodus: Turning Obstacles into Opportunity
Today I’m talking to Chad Carrodus, with Jere Metcalf Partners of AFHSIR, better known, only at JMPartners, as Big Chaddy Daddy Carrodus.
At just 22 years old, Chad is a top real estate agent in Atlanta. He hit hard times before he was a teenager and turned those hardships into successes.
From the non-profit, Atlanta Children’s Charities, he launched at 16 years old with 300 members and still running today.
To selling jets and jet time, to launching a software company to selling an e-commerce company, he has drawn from his successes and his lessons learned to land where he is today, a top producing real estate agent in Atlanta.
He and I talk about "Tuning Obstacles into Opportunity.
- Big Chaddy Daddy Carrodus (03:50 )
- How did he create an opportunity for himself (07:05 )
- Lessons Chad learned from his first jobs in real estate (14:23 )
- His first investor & how did he acquire him (21:22 )
- Lessons Chad learned from launching his company and the mindset that helps him succeed (25:15 )
- Redefining Success: How Chad landed a Ted Talk (26:37 )
- How to find your purpose and fulfillment in life (35:59 )
- The accomplishment Chad is most proud of (38:04 )
- How Chad’s hardships influenced his career (40:03 )
- Chad’s biggest lesson he has learned and the biggest hurdle he’s overcome (46:11 )
- Helpful tools and resources for success (49:26 )
- The final piece of advice for success (53:30 )
Resources / People Mentioned:
- Fortitude: American Resilience in the Era of Outrage by Dan Crenshaw
- Think Like a Billionaire by Donald J. Trump
"If opportunity doesn't know, if the door doesn't exist, go create the door"
Jere interviews the world’s most renowned and best real estate agents around the country and the world.
These outstanding Agents tell their stories, how they got into the business, and what has made them successful in one of the oldest and most competitive industries.
All of this on the “Jere Metcalf Podcast, Top Real Estate Agents tell how they do it.”
Jere Metcalf Partners