187. Walter Bering: Embracing Your Lifestyle And Growing Your Business
Today I’m talking to Walter Bering of Houston Texas Martha Turner Sotheby’s International Realty. At the pinnacle of a real estate career that spans 38 years, so far, Walter has been a consistent top producer with Martha Turner Sotheby's International Realty.
He has been the #1 agent in his company in 2007, 2011, 2013, and 2017. He also is a consistent Circle of Excellence Award winner and a member of the Hall of Fame.
Year after year, the Houston Business Journal has recognized Walter for his participation in some of the largest home sale transactions in Houston.
Today, on the show, he and I talk about embracing your lifestyle and growing your business.
- Walter Bering: a son of a broker (02:12 )
- A little bit about the market in Houston (04:42 )
- Walter shares a little bit about himself (10:35 )
- How did he get his first deal (13:45 )
- The conversation that he typically has with his clients (18:32 )
- What gives him a competitive edge (25:17 )
- How does Walter leverage the tools that give him to win business (26:30 )
- Walter's biggest AHA moment (32:36 )
- Passion: how does he compartmentalize it (33:59 )
- Some of his best lessons and stories on keeping his foundation (39:22 )
- The biggest breakthrough of Walter (50:47 )
- The Final Three (52:43 )
Resources / People Mentioned:
- Fortitude: American Resilience in the Era of Outrage by Dan Crenshaw
- Ninja Selling: Subtle Skills. Big Results by Larry Kendall
"People are trusting us in most cases with their biggest asset. And so we have to be trustworthy. If you don't reflect that feeling of trust then they're going to pick somebody else."
Jere interviews the world’s most renowned and best real estate agents around the country and the world.
These outstanding Agents tell their stories, how they got into the business, and what has made them successful in one of the oldest and most competitive industries.
All of this on the “Jere Metcalf Podcast, Top Real Estate Agents tell how they do it.”
Jere Metcalf Partners