189. Kris Reid: Search Engine Optimization, What It Is? How It Works?
Today I'm talking to Kris Reid
Not a real estate agent; he is a business growth expert, a software engineer by trade, and the founder of Ardor SEO.
Originally from Brisbane, Australia Kris studied Software Engineering at the Queensland University of Technology. Upon graduating, he moved to London to work in Finance for large institutions including Euroclear and Visa Europe.
When the financial crisis hit, he lost his job and headed back to Australia. He built a simple online game called Mob Warrior. As the game came to fruition, he talks about how he thought "how do I get people to the website to play the game?" that is when and how he learned about search engine optimization.
This marked the inception of Ardor SEO, the Search Engine Optimization company that today helps entrepreneurs and businesses such as EOF, Mike Michalowicz, The Influence Marketer, Happy Cow, Ovolo hotels, and more, grow, not just by a percentage, but in multiples.
Today, we talk about Search Engine Optimization, what it is, and how it works.
- 2008 Global Financial Crisis: How does Kris face it (03:00 )
- A simple way to website backlinks (04:05 )
- Do you need SEO? (09:32 )
- Google AdWords: is it worth it (12:50 )
- Doing SEO for yourself Vs for companies (14:03 )
- The real beauty of Digital Marketing (18:20 )
- Kris shares the biggest mistake in his life (21:23 )
- Keyword mapping: what should you need to know (24:12 )
- The biggest difference from Real Estate & other Business (33:45 )
- The Final Three (38:17 )
Resources / People Mentioned:
- Ardor SEO
- Larry Page
- PageRank algorithm
- Google AdWords
- Google Tag Manager
- The Daily Stoic: 366 Meditations on Wisdom, Perseverance, and the Art of Living by Ryan Holiday
- Fix This Next: Make the Vital Change That Will Level Up Your Business by Mike Michalowicz
- Clockwork: Design Your Business to Run Itself by Mike Michalowicz
Jere interviews the world’s most renowned and best real estate agents around the country and the world.
These outstanding Agents tell their stories, how they got into the business, and what has made them successful in one of the oldest and most competitive industries.
All of this on the “Jere Metcalf Podcast, Top Real Estate Agents tell how they do it.”
Jere Metcalf Partners