19. Living with Intention
Are you ready to live with Intention in 2021? Today’s episode examines the sixth Tenet of Intentional Optimism: Intentional.
Intentional Optimism using The Sailboat Analogy:
- Optimistic = The boat - the hull, the vehicle that gets you from island A to island B.
- Present = The centerboard - keeps you upright, focused, “centered,” if you will.
- Courageous = The rigging - this holds everything together and makes it work - your resilience. Energetic = The sail - without this, your boat can’t go anywhere, but when the sail fills - wow!
- Wise = The rudder - keeps you on track, heading in the right direction.
- Intentional = Setting everything up to properly capture the wind.
How can you tighten up the riggings, and become Intentional for 2021?
- Decide on or figure out, your PURPOSE. That includes why you do what you do, how you interact with others, and where you’re headed. You aren’t here by accident, neither is anyone else. As you go along your path, always moving forward, care for others along the way.
- Make a PLAN. This could be as loose as some governing life principles and values, or as structured as a multi-year plan consisting of long term, intermediate and short term goals. I just created a great little “favorite things” document that includes the books, planners, journals and pens I’ve used in the past and am using this year, and we’ll share a link to it in the show notes. Remember, just having a plan can increase your ability to bounce back from a setback.
- Commit to GROW. If there ever was a year to commit, it’s 2021. Use the change momentum (because we’re already on a change curve) from 2020 to launch you into some really amazing growth for 2021. You can cultivate a growth mindset through reading, listening, and participating in dialogs and experiences that will help you nurture change - in you, and in others.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)
The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results, Gary Keller and Ray Papasan [11:45 ] (#CommissionsEarned)
Gab your FREE “Ultimate DISC communication Cheat Sheet”
Get your own DISC Assessment, and don't forget the 10% discount (code "PODCAST") at check out!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can be your professional encourager!
● Join the Intentional Optimists Facebook Group
● Follow on Instagram @theintentionaloptimist
● Linked In Andrea Johnson
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/AndreaJohnson)