19. Optimizing Brain Health with Drs. Dean and Ayesha Sherzai
Have you ever wondered if there was anything you could do to prevent the decline of your memory or overall brain health as you age? It seems so normal to think of an elderly person and tie memory loss or impairment with their age, but the truth is, that simply doesn’t have to be the case.
Today we are talking about this with two brilliant physicians, Drs. Dean and Ayesha Sherzai.
Drs. Dean and Ayesha Sherzai, are a unique husband and wife team of neurologists on the cutting edge of brain science and wellness. The Sherzai's work with their patients to achieve optimal brain health by advocating for holistic community-based lifestyle changes.
While brain health can feel like a daunting subject, their new book, The 30-Day Alzheimer’s Solution (available today, March 23rd), is a brain-health conscious cookbook and lifestyle program grounded in rigorous science and explained in easy-to-understand terms complete with anecdotes, recipes, and holistic actionable steps.
We talk more about the book in today’s episode, but we also cover so much more about what we can do to improve our brain health and help prevent disease as we age.
- The impact of lifestyle on brain health.
- A conversation about whether we are doomed because of our genes or not.
- What we can do to prevent brain disease.
- How even “normal people” can make changes to impact brain health for the better.
- Brad and Michelle fangirl about how amazing the Sherzai’s are (and they actually aren’t over exaggerating...they’re incredible).
Find More on Guest:
- Get the Sherzai’s New Book Here!
- Sherzai MD Instagram
Links Mentioned in Episode/Find More on The Whole Smiths: