192: Rick Hanson | The Science of Hardwiring Happiness and Resilience
Rick Hanson (@drrhanson) is a psychologist, Senior Fellow of the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley, co-host of The Being Well Podcast, author of Hardwiring Happiness, and co-author of Resilient: How to Grow an Unshakable Core of Calm, Strength, and Happiness.
What We Discuss with Rick Hanson:
- While you can't count on others or the world, you can count on your own strengths (and why this is a good thing).
- Why your brain is like velcro for the bad and teflon for the good and what you can do to mitigate your own negativity bias.
- The two stages by which you develop mental resources: experience and conversion to lasting change.
- How you can build resilience by focusing on experiences rather than conditions.
- How to stay informed about current events without letting the news hijack your emotions.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/192
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Are you trying to hire the right person for your business, but the best candidates keep slipping away? Let ZipRecruiter -- the fastest way to hire great people -- help you screen only the best at ziprecruiter.com/jordan!
HoneyBook allows you to keep track of projects, manage important documents, schedule appointments, streamline communications, draft proposals, process payments, and more. Get 50% off your first year at honeybook.com with promo code JORDAN!
Stable, happy leaders are in a position to make better decisions and take smart risks. Entrepreneurs who aren't sure how to pay the rent...not so much. Hear all about it on The $100 MBA Episode 1229: How Paying Yourself First Puts Your Business First here!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!