196. Dan Encell: How to Gain Clarity and Balance as You Grow
Today, I'm talking to Dan Encell of Montecito and Santa Barbara, California.
Dan is ranked number one in sales, in his local MLS. And for the last 15 years, he has ranked as one of the top 10 brokers worldwide at Berkshire Hathaway.
After completing his law degree with training and contracts, tax, real estate law, and estate planning and passing the bar exam. Dan started his first career as a practicing attorney in Los Angeles. Eventually, now over 30 years ago, he transitioned it to his career today to being a real estate agent, despite all of the moving parts of our business and his tremendous success as a top agent in his city, the country, and the world. It is clear talking to Dan weather about hiring deals, winning business, closing business, that he has a way of keeping things simple, keeping traction, and upward trajectory toward his goals. In our conversation with or without trying, he reveals how to gain clarity as you grow.
- Why Dan Encell choose to be a real estate agent (00:24 )
- Dan shares his success story (02:24 )
- One of Dan's biggest challenges (07:49 )
- The structure of Dan's assistants/ support/ team (11:57 )
- Establishing and maintaining clients' expectations (13:30 )
- Lessons from Dan's real estate journey (21:54 )
- Dan's biggest AHA about being a real estate agent (27:00 )
- The final three questions (35:44 )
Resources / People Mentioned:
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don't by Jim Collins
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
"There's always room at the top in any market just choose the market."
Jere interviews the world’s most renowned and best real estate agents around the country and the world.
These outstanding Agents tell their stories, how they got into the business, and what has made them successful in one of the oldest and most competitive industries.
All of this on the “Jere Metcalf Podcast, Top Real Estate Agents tell how they do it.”
Jere Metcalf Partners