198: Mark Manson | Channeling Hope, Choosing Problems, and Changing Values
Mark Manson (@iammarkmanson) is a blogger, entrepreneur, and author of The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life and his latest, Everything Is F*cked: A Book About Hope.
What We Discuss with Mark Manson:
- How acknowledging the uncomfortable truth of human existence’s meaninglessness can ultimately serve as an argument against nihilism.
- What the paradox of purpose tells us about the stress that accompanies an overwhelming abundance of choice.
- How the feeling brain and the thinking brain might seem at odds, but they actually conspire to guide our values (for better or worse).
- Why your identity will stay your identity until a new experience acts against it, and how you can change your values to fit your current narrative instead of one that’s outdated.
- What the God value is and how it aligns your hierarchy of values by way of the feeling brain.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/198
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Calm is the number one app for meditation and sleep! Want to explore its many benefits? Enjoy an exclusive discount of 25% off a Calm premium subscription by going to calm.com/jordan!
Hunt a Killer is a puzzle-style game that poses this tantalizing question: what if a serial killer delivered a package to your doorstep each month? Go to huntakiller.com/jordan for 20 percent off your first box and find out!
Have you ever thought about the fact that where you choose to live directly affects the "you" you become? Apartments.com has the most listings, which means you have the most apartments, townhomes, condos, and houses to choose from. Change your apartment, change the world at Apartments.com here!
We all have a love affair with the silver screen. Listen in as Chuck Bryant talks with your favorite people about their favorite movies on the Movie Crush podcast here!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!