199. Dan Encell: Negotiating Multimillion Dollar Deals; Applying Poker to Real Estate
Today, back on the show, I'm talking to Dan Encell of Montecito and Santa Barbara ranked number one in sales in his local MLS for the last 15 years, and ranked as one of the top 10 brokers worldwide at Berkshire Hathaway.
In our first interview, we spoke about how to gain clarity as you grow.
Dan’s client reviews over and over are that he is a great negotiator. He also happens to be a great Poker player. Last interview we didn’t touch on that.
Today, we’ll talk about it. Negating Multimillion Dollar Deals and applying Poker to Real Estate.
- Negotiating & Dan's passion for Poker (00:51 )
- What you need to be a great negotiator (03:35 )
- How Dan applies strategies in Poker to strategies in negotiating real estate (11:22 )
- Dan's advice for new agents for working with and winning the business of buyers and sellers. (15:33 )
- Fun story from Poker to an aspect of the deal (22.03)
- How Dan knows when to "hold" in negotiations (25.11)
- Dan's most resourceful tool for a good negotiation (33:27 )
Resources / People Mentioned:
Jere interviews the world’s most renowned and best real estate agents around the country and the world.
These outstanding Agents tell their stories, how they got into the business, and what has made them successful in one of the oldest and most competitive industries.
All of this on the “Jere Metcalf Podcast, Top Real Estate Agents tell how they do it.”
Jere Metcalf Partners