2: The Future of Additive Manufacturing (feat. Lyndsay Kibler)
Additive Manufacturing (AM) is a technology that looks to revolutionize the way everything is made. From upending current norms about part design and supply chains - the possible technological disruptions of AM are endless. In today's episode Punith and Tom sit down with Lyndsay Kibler, a Lead Materials Application Engineer from GE Additive, to discuss the future of this promising technology.
Our topics today include:
- The current state of the Additive Manufacturing (AM) industry
- Future applications of AM
- Whats all the hype around AM about?
- The role of Materials Engineers in AM
- Potential applications of Machine Learning in the space
- Discussion of the different types of metal additive manufacturing
- And more!
For shorter segments, subscribe to our channel on YouTube. For bloopers, audiograms, and interesting materials science articles, follow us on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Feel free to DM us @itsamaterialworldpodcast if you have any feedback or recommendations for future episodes. Finally, reach out to Tom Miller and Punith Upadhya on LinkedIn if you'd like to chat about the latest breakthroughs in MSE!